Husband wants to divorce his wife as he has an extra marital affair

My boyfriend's wife already knows about the affair between I and her husband, still doesn't want to divorce her husband. They have a 1.5 years old daughter. All the above mentioned families are Hindu, please let me know how to work out this divorce. Is it even possible and what will be the cons of this divorce. Please provide details on who will get the custody of the kid if this divorce works out.

Answers (1)

219 votes

1) The wife will get the custody of 1.5 years old daughter.
2) The wife can file for divorce on the grounds of cruelty/ harassment/adultery(depending on evidence she has).
3) The husband can also file for divorce on grounds of irretrievable break up of marriage.
4) The husband might have to provide for alimony to the wife and maintenance for daughter(about 40-50% of his current earnings will go towards alimony and maintenance).
5) Also the wife might file DOmestic violence case and 498a case against the man just to take revenge on the husband. so the man has to be cautious of the same.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles