Husband wants divorce but wife is denying. What can be done ?

I got married in April last year _ From the day one there is no love and affection between us. Apart from this we never had intercourse till date.I am totally frustrated after long conversation etc... and told her we will get divorce mutually. She is not agreeing to divorce and I am fed up becoz my pressure is builting up day by day - She is not even taking care of me too... Is there anyway to get divorced ? ... we have seen some physiatrist still things doesn't work

Answers (5)

194 votes


i remember very WELL THAT I have had answered your query. However pl. note that when marriage is not consumated that itself costitute as ground for divorce. in this regard you can cll me. i m dealing with umpteen number of cases of similar nature. CONTACT ME.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

233 votes

Yes you could get separation by saying null and void marriage before the appropriate court because your matrimonial period is seems to be within one year, you are advised to obtain medical certificate of you and your wife regarding non intercourse for getting judicial separation.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
167 votes

You could approach the court for divorce after one year of marriage citing cruelty on your wife's part. If you want to file a petition within one year you need to file a petition that there is extreme hardship caused by your wife. Or you can file for decree of nullity on the ground of non consummation.

149 votes


You have to wait till the copletion of one year from the date of marriage, for the criteria to fulfil to petition for DIVORCE.- Hardly you have wait April 2017. Then on grounds of non - conssusmation of marrage and mental harassment you can apply for Divorce.. i have been dealing with family matters in large numbers. contact me.

182 votes

Husband or wife who has been harassed or mentally tortured by the other spouse can approach the family court for divorce on the ground of crulty, after completing the period of one year in the matrimonial life. Your case is concern, you can approach the family court for divorce but it would be difficult to you to prove the case of crulty. If there is no possibility of cordial relationship in the matrimonial life then you may approach the family court even though she has not consent for mutual divorce.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles