×

queshusband not telling his current address as DV case going on in court

I have filed a DV maintenance case and am staying in my husband's house with our son. My husband is staying somewhere else since the case started 8 months ago and is not revealing his current address. In the court also he has given his office address. I have heard he is planning to sell the house where we are staying as it is in his name. Can i get a stay order on the sale of the house and somehow get to know his current address?

So far the question of address is concerned you can ask the office of the husband by writing to the superior boss, else file an application in the case for direction to be given to the husband for giving the current address where he is living.

The court would pass the order directing him to disclose the place in which he is staying. The house in which you are staying can be sold by your husband, but since you have the possession, you can only resist the possession to the person who is buying, who in turn will file a civil suit for vacating the house.

Publish a paper publication in newspaper stating that no person should buy the house since the matter is pending in court,this will help you.

• ansAn application can be filed citing your information that your husband wants to sell the house. The court shall certainly pass a stay order against your husband stopping him from selling the house

further as you know his office address directions can be sought for giving you maintenance from his salary account and this order can be served on his seniors as well.

Advocate Ashima Puri

Saket District Court, Delhi

• ansHusbands house means the said house is in the name of your husband if yes than first of all file a suit for permanent injunction to get right to stay in the property. as it is important in present situation. Regarding the address he has to disclose the same in the affidavit as per latest norms.

Advocate Mohan S

Janakpuri, Delhi

• ansSo far the question of address is concerned you can ask the office of the husband by writing to the superior boss,else file an application in the case for direction to be given to the husband for giving the current address where he is living.The court would pass the order directing him to disclose the place in which he is staying.The house in which you are staying can be sold by your husband,but since you have the possession ,you can only resist the possession to the person who is buying,who in turn will file a civil suit for vacating the house.Publish a paper publication in newspaper stating that no person should buy the house since the matter is pending in court,this will help you .

Advocate Ritesh Isaac

Bengali Market, Delhi