Husband not allowing me to stay with him what should I do?

I am married to a guy in Delhi working in reputed institution ( ICWA) on 21 Nov, 2011. Since then I never stayed with my husband except for few days at my In Laws home during festivals days ( Holi and Diwali). I haven't have lived even 40 days with him as he denies my stay with him as he denies on the ground of not having enough money to maintain wife in metro. He lives with his brother and lives in an expensive lifestyle. He further threatened many a time for not talking on the issue of living together else he will leave me. I am feeling cheated and immensely depressed. Kindly advice.

Answers (4)

You can file case of mental harassment and cases under different provisions of d.v act. once you are married its your right to live with your hasband. even you can file a case from your maternal home. There are other remedies as well which can be explained once entire case is understood.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

As per your query u may file a suit before the district court under section 9 of Hindu Marriage act and sue your husband for the relief u claimed and further by filing a suit under section 18 of The Hindu Adoption and Maintenance Act, 1956 you may sue your husband for the Maintenance rest of the query is better answered in a vocal discussion

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

It is not clear from your query that where are you staying currently. Assuming that you are satying at your in laws place and your husband stays in a the city. You can file a complaint under section 9 of Hindu Marriage act as your husband has voluntarily not staying with you. It is suggested you speak with a local lawyer and exlain the entire details in order to get specific relief.

Dear Ma'am
Legally you can ask the court to give an order of restitution of conjugal rights and your husband has to abide to it.
Kindly contact the undersigned so that I can advice you better on the merits of your case.
Pragya Wazir

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

I had filled a case against my wife 8 years ago and is still going on and after six years of separation she has filled a case domestic violence agains…

Read More

125 patni ne lgaya hai aur sec 9 kharij ho gya. Do bacche mere pass hai aur 3sra patni ke paas jb mayke me patni pregnent hui , shadi 2006 me hui aur …

Read More

I filed a case on my husband for 498a and for maintenance.He belongs to the film industry.his income is more than 5laks per month.A case has already b…

Read More

I got married in 2011 and in Dec 2011 my wife started living seperately. Now its 2015. On what grounds can I get a divorce so that I dont have to pay …

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue