Husband living separately for 2 yrs, how to claim maintenance from him

My husband has deserted me and my son of 11 yrs 2 years back. I filed Fir but could not keep track of it. My husband is showing jobless since 2 years ( He was a engineer in managerial position before he left me) My in laws dont support me. I dont know his where abouts and he is showing that he is staying in PG. HOW CAN I FILE DOMESTIC VIOLENCE when i don't have my husband address

Answers (5)

71 votes

Consult an advocate.
If you are define that your husband is an engineer graduate, probably he may be having immovable properties. The court will do the needful if it awards maintenance to you and your child. Even jobless husband is to maintain the wife and child, unless he is disabled.
You can file petition invoking Section 125 of Code of Criminal Procedure 1973. There you can serve the notice on his last place of residence, by substituted service.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

274 votes


As you told, your husband is deserted you, it is the best ground for maintenance . You can file a maintenance case and sought for maintenance fro your and your children. It is the morel obligation on the part of the husband to look after his family. When he neglected to do/perform his obligation, then you can go for maintenance.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
262 votes

DV petition should be prepared, filed in the jurisdictional courtand summons served to last known address - there are many different ways to find the address and get the summons served to your husband

Advocate C V Srinivasa

148 votes

Yes you can file a case for maintenance under section 125 of crpc and also file a case for divorce on ground of cruelty and desertion, you can get issued the notice on last known address, it will not be served then you take paper publication and the notice will be presumed to be served, then you will get the order. For more details contact.

345 votes

Hello Madam,

Your husband has deserted or left you two yrs back. What was the reason. Why you didn't follow up after you filed FIR, you have written in- laws dont support, did they abuse you or any violence took place. From when you are staying alone with your son. Domestic violence if happened should have been filed bit earlier. Please furnish more facts and thanks for writing. Please feel free to contact me.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles