Husband is physically assaulting and harassing me

Sir/madam, am a working women with 12 k salary, n my husband is doubting on me, physically assaulting, beating, and not paying single rupee for home maintenance, n not supporting for children education, and also my parents and relatives Are not supporting me what can I do, every time my parents n relatives gather n panchayt done by them n every time they r telling to adjust my self, I can't handle it anymore please show me a right path for getting my serious condition

Answers (5)

228 votes

I suggest you to first take a fair decision on whether you would like to continue your marital relationship with your husband or not. Thereafter it is advisable to approach a family court for divorce or to think about your tolerance for the sake of your children.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

130 votes

Dear madam,
As rightly pointed out by you , that adjustment has to happen from both sides in a family life and not one sided , as a women how long you can carry things on your head alone you need some support both emotionally and financially , however their is no place for emotion in law and it clearly belief that a person having problem should approach court for remedy , hence I would better suggest you that kindly visit our office so that we can help you legally .OFC : Adv Pankaj Kumar &associate.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
316 votes

Dear Querist,
It is really sorry to know that your parents are not seriously taking your domestic violence caused by your spouse, no panchayath can help your cause, first thing you have to do is to reach out to a women's helpline organisation which is Sahaya vahini and the help line 1091 and register u r compliant, later on you can file a domestic violence case and also think of divorce case.
Pratap, Advocate

94 votes

Go and give complaint before jurisdictional police station alleging threatening and abusing and demanding dowry.. under sec 498(a),324,506 of Indian penal code,are you got married period less than 7years u may add 3 and 4 of dowry prohibition act section also..

185 votes

Dear Mam,

You can proceed with a domestic violence case against your husband. As per the domestic violence act any manner of violence tolerated by a women can be complained before the police, magistrate or the Service providers such as registered NGO's. would be preferred to approach a lawyer and get file a domestic violence case against your husband.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles