Husband has a very low sperm count want to file for divorce

24-Mar-2023 (In Divorce Law)
My husband is having very low sperm count and I went through all the doctors procedures which were not successful and I couldn't get conceive. .2007 I got married. ..iam not happy with my husband in other ways also so can I get divorce woth this reason and wat is the process and ckmplications
Answers (3)

Answer #1
663 votes
Are you having the medical proof with regard to the allegation made if so then keep the same with you and then you can proceed to file divorce . As per you their are other reasons also for divorce, court will hear on other aspects and will upon evidence will grant divorce decree. You have to file divorce petition in the court . Call us through the website for further assistance.
People also ask

Can infertility ruin a marriage?

The loss can be greater if treatment fails. A 2014 study of almost 48,000 women found that couples who failed to conceive after fertility treatment were up to three-times more likely to break up. 13-Apr-2020

Is infertility a reason to break up?

Fertility problems can cause emotional stress that can break up a relationship. Diana Kirschner is a clinical psychologist who told that going through a frustrating and disappointing experience together can push both partners to their limit and cause them to fall apart. 08-Feb-2021

Should a husband divorce an infertile wife?

Infertility is not a valid reason for divorce, the Court ruled. There are many options available to couples who want to have children. In these circumstances, a spouse must be understanding as only the other can help a person regain mental, physical and emotionally strength. 20-Jan-2023

Is infertility a reason for divorce?

Infertility stress can cause divorce in couples who are infertile, either directly or indirectly. Emotional divorce often precedes formal divorce [11]. 12-Sept-2023

Answer #2
915 votes
There is a difference between infertility and impotency.
Low sperm count comes under the category of infertility and hence cannot be grounds for divorce.
However you can apply for divorce on grounds other than infertility.
Grounds include cruelty, harassment, irretrievable break down of marriage etc.
Hope this information is useful.

Answer #3
899 votes
You got married in the year 2007, already 11 years completed, now you are saying that you are not happy, please speak with your husband, try to resolve the issue amicably, go outings, spent happy time, there are many medicines and treatments are available in todays modern world. After all best efforts, you are not happy, then you can apply for Divorce Madam and for process and complication, please contact us.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."