Husband harassing and is not earning anything What can I do

my in-laws from yamuna nagar my husband didn't earn and and mentally harass me .m very upset and want to know my rights.

Answers (4)

68 votes

Mam, you can file for divorce, if you are not able to pull on smoothly with your marital life. In the meantime you can also claim maintenance from your husband, till the time you get remarried again, after your divorce.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

173 votes

You can do a lot of thing if you really want to do. You can file a domestic violence case against your husband and your in laws. You can also claim maintenance from your husband. You can lodge an FIR against your in laws. Many more things you can do if you are really aggrieved by your in laws.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
79 votes

It depends on you that what do you want? You can file complaint against your husband before police. If you wish, you can ask for maintenance even though your husband is not working. You can file divorce case also, if you wish to separate from him. God bless you, best of luck

330 votes

If he is harassing you then you can file complaint under domestic violence. If they are demanding any dowry then you can file complaint under Dowry harassment which is of serious in nature. Better consult a lawyer and discuss your case and take appropriate steps.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles