Husband filing for divorce on the ground of cheating

Actually my husband has a whtsapp screen shot proof of my chat with one of my collegue. The time when i was pregnant that time i had a chat like ""madam how are you and you have conceived a baby congrates ..your husband is back or must have a baby boy agr na hua its ok next mera kar lena..."i mean that was totally fun. And now my husband is also making ground of divorce to this chat and saying that i have extra marital affair. So my question is what should i say in front of judge. Whether i say that the chat was not mine or my husband have done this chat through my phone with his friend. I need your advice in this. Thank you and regards

Answers (5)

52 votes

For want of details its bit early to give you some terse reply - anyways it cannot be a ground of divorce, as no message has been attributed to you it's from your colleague only - - no body has any right to infringe your privacy not even the courts. Disown this chat message.. Ignore it completely.. Right to privacy is your fundamental right under d constitution of India ...

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

298 votes

It is pertinent to mention here, that to prove adultery is generally very difficult, wherein the onus of proof is usually on the petitioner and he need to have strong and cogent evidence to prove that you have committed adultery(extra marital affair) . He have to produce strong and cogent evidence to prove adultery.
This Chat doesn't solely prove extra marital affair. For your defense your lawyer will guide after go through from your file.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
337 votes


There must be a element of adultery for seeking divorce in your case. But as per the details given by you there is nothing like that. You can contest your case and get his divorce petition dismissed.

247 votes

If its from your phone, then really difficult to decline, but you have no other option except to deny.
Better to consult your lawyer or you can consult any other lawyer from lawrato database along with relevant documents to get proper advice.

For further information call/mail me.

182 votes

This chat does not form any kind of admission or confession qua any extra marital adulterous relationship. This is no ground. But you need to be represented properly. this is very technical. Getting divorce on the basis of this chat is impossible.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles