husband filed a false complaint in women cell

hi..m 33 years married since 4 years has a baby aged 3 husband and mother in law harrased me mently i left his house 2 years back.nw my husband had filed a complaint against me that i hv taken money n jwellery worth frm his the truth is my own belongings clothes jwellery i left there in his house in locked almirah though keys are with me.on hearing in women cell he says he is ready to compromise nd live with me.but i dont want to continue with this man now. my question is shud i give in written that i want divorce nd is FIR cn b loadged against me in dis

Answers (3)

77 votes

Since there has been cruelty towards you by the husband and his relatives you have a valid reason to live separately from him and this also entitles you to give a petition for divorce and regarding lodging of fir, first he will have to prove that you have taken away any jewellery as he alleges, alleging false and baseless allegations against you also entitles you to file divorce

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

130 votes

Hi. There is nothing to worry. These type if frivolous complaints are just pressure tactics and no action can be taken on these complaints. Whatever grounds u have u must file petition for divorce after getting the complaint held to be false one by the police as moving of false complaints against a spouce entitles other spouce as a ground for divorce

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
146 votes can give statement in women cell that you do not want to live with your husband because he committed physical and mental cruelty against you.thereafter you should file case for divorce on the ground of cruelty and seperation under section 13 of f.i.r can be registered against you on the basis of false nd baseless complaints without conducting proper investigation.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles