×

Husband absconded taking all the ornaments of wife wants divorce

My brother in law has taken loan from all his friends and absconded from bangalore by taking all my sister's ornaments. he is a chain smoker and a drunker and tortured my sister to get our house doccuments to him. my sister can no more resist him and decided to separate from him. my brother in law has absconder from past 4 months. Please let us know the procedure for applying divorce in this case.

Hello
First of all you can file the police complaint regarding the stolen articles to show your bonafides
Thereafter file a divorce case before the court having competent jurisdiction (it can be the place where you reside or where you both were last residing )..

Firstly sort out the issues if you can and also ascertain the address where he is residing at present and also you consult an advocate and brief the facts and thereafter you can proceed in accordance with law

Advocate Preeti Joshi

In a petition for divorce, your sister should get the notice served on your brother-in-law, and it becomes a issue as he has absconded. His last address, before it is too late, can be used. You can file it in family Court.