Husband absconded taking all the ornaments of wife wants divorce

My brother in law has taken loan from all his friends and absconded from bangalore by taking all my sister's ornaments. he is a chain smoker and a drunker and tortured my sister to get our house doccuments to him. my sister can no more resist him and decided to separate from him. my brother in law has absconder from past 4 months. Please let us know the procedure for applying divorce in this case.

Answers (3)

172 votes

First of all you can file the police complaint regarding the stolen articles to show your bonafides
Thereafter file a divorce case before the court having competent jurisdiction (it can be the place where you reside or where you both were last residing )..

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

264 votes

Firstly sort out the issues if you can and also ascertain the address where he is residing at present and also you consult an advocate and brief the facts and thereafter you can proceed in accordance with law

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
304 votes

In a petition for divorce, your sister should get the notice served on your brother-in-law, and it becomes a issue as he has absconded. His last address, before it is too late, can be used. You can file it in family Court.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles