How to prove non consummation of marriage for divorce

I got marriage 3years back but no sex so far as I could not make it .I am unemployed wife in govt bank .I am under psychiatric treatment I don't know whether I am impotent or not .Being unemployed having psycratic treatment and incapable of making sex I can not face my wife as she is tough and dominant personify .What are grounds to get divorce in these circumstances Plase advice

Answers (4)

204 votes

I just want to know in this situations your wife is happy with you .because in this situation it's better you may convince your wife to file divorce by mutual consent.if she is not agree with this than you can get divorce on ground of mental qruelty because of your condition she is badly behave with you .

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

291 votes

There are different laws of Divorce for different religion.
For Hindus: (which includes Sikh, Jain, Budh as well) are governed by Hindu Marriage Act, 1955.
For Christians: are governed by Indian Divorce Act- 1869, The Indian Christian Marriage Act, 1872.
For Muslims: are governed by Personnel Law of Divorce, Dissolution of Marriage Act, 1939, The Muslim Women (Protection of Rights on Divorce) Act, 1986.
For Parsis: are governed by Parsi Marriage & Divorce Act-1936. (Under Secular law) Special Marriage Act, 1954.

The Divorce can be obtained by two ways:
 Divorce by Mutual Consent.
 Contested Divorce

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
322 votes

Your case provides your wife sufficient grounds for seeking divorce from you. If you want divorce, you can talk to your wife and together you can consult any lawyer regarding the same. Divorce is possible in your case. More details are required for specific response.

275 votes

There are different grounds for divorce , best suitable for u wud be Mental cruelty by wife , further more i formation can be provided once you get in touch if u are in Noida/Gr.noida contact for complete information.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles