How to proceed with second marriage without divorcing 1st husband?

Am married before 3 years . Still now i dont get the real happiness in my married life from my partner he is always drunk . I hate such things habbit .I HAVE a son age is 2 years . Now i met with a good person who can love me and my son also very well. He loves me i too loves him i belive i will get a happy life. Can i get married with my new partner ? What should i doo . To get devorse ?? am also asking my husband for divorce but he is not agree. Please help me.

Thank you for asking the query
We can first send him a legal notice and then also if he don't agree then we can file a divorce petition on ground of cruelty in the family court if city area and Civil judge senior Divison if rural area. The ground for divorce would be his drinking Habit which is resulting in cruelty

First you have to get legal divorce from your husband. If he agrees for mutual divorce its ok, otherwise you will have to file divorce against your husband. If possible stay separate from husband and claim maintenance for you and child. You can not get married until you legally get separated from existing husband.

Advocate Preeti Joshi

You have to take grounds for divorce to take divorce from your husband. Also see if you are not happy in your marriage or matrimonial relationship then ask him to get mutually divorced so that you can peacefully get out of of have to file divorce petition