How to proceed with second marriage without divorcing 1st husband?

Am married before 3 years . Still now i dont get the real happiness in my married life from my partner he is always drunk . I hate such things habbit .I HAVE a son age is 2 years . Now i met with a good person who can love me and my son also very well. He loves me i too loves him i belive i will get a happy life. Can i get married with my new partner ? What should i doo . To get devorse ?? am also asking my husband for divorce but he is not agree. Please help me.

Answers (3)

212 votes

Thank you for asking the query
We can first send him a legal notice and then also if he don't agree then we can file a divorce petition on ground of cruelty in the family court if city area and Civil judge senior Divison if rural area. The ground for divorce would be his drinking Habit which is resulting in cruelty

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

105 votes

First you have to get legal divorce from your husband. If he agrees for mutual divorce its ok, otherwise you will have to file divorce against your husband. If possible stay separate from husband and claim maintenance for you and child. You can not get married until you legally get separated from existing husband.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
254 votes

You have to take grounds for divorce to take divorce from your husband. Also see if you are not happy in your marriage or matrimonial relationship then ask him to get mutually divorced so that you can peacefully get out of of have to file divorce petition

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles