How to prevent filing of a fake case of Dowry ?

My brother has been married for three years and he is working in the government department. since the last 1 year his wife is living separately and despite several meetings she is not willing to come back. now we have a feeling that she might file a false case upon my brother which will effect his career, how can i prevent it ?

Answers (5)

211 votes

You should go for the restitution of conjual right (section 9 ) under Hindu Marriage Act 1955 ; notice can also be sent - regarding the present scenario , when you have got some initiative action than it may be benefited for you ; in context of action against you ; if any

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

56 votes

Your brother's wife living saperately since one year so u filed a case in session court against her in sec 9 Hindu marriage act & that probably good protect for ur brother.that will be protect of fake case against ur brother.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
109 votes

Dear friend as per your query and according to law h you file a application under section 9 hindu marriage act before family court because your brother wife file a criminal complaint against your brother then this application protect your brother

74 votes

Restrictions on filling a case is not allowed in law the only thing which you can do is file case against her that she doesn't want to stay with her husband...(1 year separation can be ground of divorce too.)

170 votes

hellow friend,
if she is not coming to fulfill her housewife duties and refused to cohabite to your brother. then your brother have option yo file a petition u/ s 9 hma for restitution of conjugal rights before family court. if she does not go even after court order and same time if she will file a complain then you can take support of this case.
in matrimonia offences no career wil affect.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles