How to file for divorce on grounds of torture

I got married in nov 2015 and from oct 2016 i have been living separstely. I want to file a divorce. My husband continuously abused me verbally mad had physically abused me 2 times. He does not help me out financially but instead makes me spend. He raised false acquisition of me cheating and lying to him. Also he has been continuously threatening me and my family. He abused my entire family. How can verbal and physical abuse be proved?

You can file a petition for divorce on the ground of mental and physical cruelty. The verbal and physical abuse need not be proved but you will have to narrate the facts and circumstances that actually happened. The Court will believe you. You can also file a petition under Domestic Violence Act and stop him from threatening you and your family. If necessary you can also file a petition for cruelty and harassment in a criminal court. You can also ask for maintenance and financial support. As a Lady you have all the Laws to support you and the Police as well as the Court will support you if you are genuine. More advice can be given after a personal discussion.

You can very well file divorce under cruelty. All incidents can can be shown in the petition and you have every right to get divorce. You can very well contact me for further guidance.. You have not given your area details. K.Venkatesan , Advocate

Advocate Gouri Shankar Hemekari

Hello,

You have law provisions in Hindu marriage act if to our are Hindu. Otherwise you can file divorce on Indian divorce act on the ground of cruelty. Cruelty covers mental and physical torture. ..