×

How to apply for a dowry case against in-laws

I got married last March 2017, and soon after I shifted to my in-laws house..they started asking dowry but later denied it. And we decided to take over the valuables which my mother gave on my wedding..now my question is..while getting those valuables (which actually belongs to me) if my in-laws gives us any documents and asks us to sign on those documents..is it mandatory to sign.

It will be safe for you and you can keep a copy as well so that everyone are on the same page. If you don't sign they can layer allege that you have taken possession of things which has no relevance to you.

Advocate Preeti Joshi