How I will get divorce when my spouse is not ready

Me and my wife was living with together from last five years. First we were in living relationship and in the year 2013 we got married. My spouse family was knowing everything and my family was not knowing. In February 3rd 2017 a baby girl was born and my family came to know and they were not ready to agree with her. I am really very frustrated and not in condition what to do. Kindly help me out.

Answers (4)

250 votes

First your were in living relationship and in the year 2013 you got married. In February 3rd 2017 a baby girl was born. so, you have not committed either offence or sin. It is all-ways common to expect a son to be married according to the taste of the parent. You have not allowed to happen that. So, for the present your parents may not agree to receive her as their daughter in law. In the later days they accept. It is happens so, usually.
Be happy and lead a happy matrimonial life with your wife. Be wise to yourself and to your wife also.
Good Luck.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

74 votes

Dear Sir and Madam,

As you admitted that both of you had married and have children. Now why you are scaring for your family. If there is a threat from the said person, lodge a complaint seeking protection.

See marriage is your choice and i hope both of you are major. Therefore your decision cannot be question by the other persons.

She is your wife now and the child is yours. It is your duty to look after them as a parent and a husband. Don't worry please proceed. It is your family life.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
339 votes

I believe you are now aged atleast around 29 years. You must be in some job and so must be your wife. I do not want to go into the rights and wrongs of what you intend to do. You are hinting at a possibility of taking a divorce from your wife.
A lot depends on what your wife wants. If she is agreeable divorce is easy. otherwise you do not seem to be having a ground for a divorce which can be acceptable to court.

278 votes

If you want divorce from your spouse but she is not willing, you can try marriage counselling. If you still want to proceed for divorce, you can file a contested divorce petition under the personal law applicable to you Eg. Hindu Marriage Act, Indian Marriage Act, etc.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles