How can I transfer divorce case to another city

I was filled domestic violence and maintenance case against my husband and in laws in Indorecourt. After notice my husband file divorce case in Delhi court. Now I want to stay and transfer divorce case in Indore. My husband earned 2000-3000 per day but he show his income 9000 per month as salary. I don't have his income proof. Can I show them life style to proof his income? They not come on first date of court case in Indore. Now what can I do? Me and my parents is financially week. Please give me your valuable suggestions

Answers (4)

338 votes

u should file a transfer petition in supreme court as only supreme court has the power to transfer the case from one state to another. the case on being transferred from delhi will be tried at indore from the stage it was being heard bwfore transfer

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

188 votes

If you wants to transfer your case from delhi to indore then you have to file a transfer petition in supreme court and if your transfer petition is accepted by the court then case will be transfer.
Thanks and kind regards

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
315 votes

I suggest you can move transfer petition in Supreme Court and for your second query I need more clarifications regarding type of work your husband do and further you have to tell me whether your husband is income tax payee or not?

221 votes

There is no other choice aceept to file a transfer petition beofre aupreme court od india. Only supreme court can transfer the case to other state. Or the other option left to fight a case in delhi only to prove your defence otherwise your husband will obtain ex parte decree

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles