How can I save my marriage in this case

Iam . 1year back I got married on 2 nd feb 2017.But marriage is not registered. She lived with me for 2 months in Hyderabad . After that she got job and she is working in vijayawada living with her father. Now due to family diputes she is not talking with me. But Iam verymuch interested with her. If she files a case of 498a on me. Is it valid case.?

Answers (4)

238 votes


Now a days it is difficult to get an FIR registered under 498A IPC even when husband and wife are living together. As you said that your wife left you after 2 months of marriage, there is hardly any ground for her to file a complaint and get the FIR registered. If at all, she lodges a criminal complaint against you, the police have to forward the complaint to family welfare committee and they will conduct an inquiry into the veracity of the allegations and if there is any ground or necessity for registering an FIR, they will send a report to the police which in turn will register an FIR. After this, police will send you a notice and you can appear before the police and take station bail and you are free till charge sheet is filed and once the charge sheet is filed, contest the trial and get acquitted from the case. As you said that you want your wife then without thinking about her lodging a complaint against you, send a notice to her through a lawyer and ask her to come back to you. If she doesn't come, file a petition for restitution of conjugal rights in the family of jurisdiction.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

227 votes

Hi according to your query you file first Restitution of conjugal rights that is the Under Hindu marriage act 1955 gives you remedy in the form of section-9, this section reads if any of the spouses withdraw from the society, then the aggrieved party can file this petition, so do not worry about this you file the case in your jurisdiction court, and before filing the case take the evidences in which organisation she is working and submit all those details in the court also, so that further she can not claim maintenance from you, and coming for the section 498a, if she files the case also it can not be withstand in the court.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
294 votes

Even though she is living apart since long time she can file a case under section 498A, but the same must be proved. Before she file a 498 A case or any other relief/ claim better u file a petition for resolution of conjugal rights before the family court.

111 votes

Hello you are not clearly stated that your marriage is love marriage or arranged marriage? You are also not stated that what is family disputes between you are with her family? But if you interested with her what steps you have taken? Ple clarify then only I will clarify whether she files a case of 498 A valid or not?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles