How can I prove bigamy of my husband

We have been married for over ten years under Christian Marriage Act in an abusive lying fraud relation where records of his age and marital status was false at the time of marriage. He already had a name of someone else before he got married to me in the spouse column of his passport, which i came to know later. Can my marriage be stand illegal or can he be charged under bigamy by law just by having someone else's name on his passport at the time of marriage. Pls advise I want to end this relation with him based on lies and frauds and cheating. he is not ready to give divorce.

Yes he can be charged for bigamy but you have to prove the relationship with another women as wife and you can also Make a Complaint before police authority for the fraud committed by your husband by showing fake passport and all proves it also comes under the Cheating by personation ( Showing another person's name and passport, pretending to be himself) and you should file a divorce on that basis by showing the reason of cruelity and cheating and you should claim maintenance from him.

Regards
Puneet Sharma ( District & Session Court Delhi & Faridabad)
Advocate/Solicitor/Legal Consultant

In case your husband is not able to bring any document to prove that he was divorced on the day he married you, he may be liable for offence of bigamy, given the fact on the day of marriage, someone else was mentioned as his wife in his passport. Additionally also you must try to adduce some evidence that he did not disclose correct facts about him at the time marriage. For more details you may contact me

Dont worry for sure all assistance would be given to you and if you are right from your side your all right would be restored and protected .Under the legal recourse & procedure and for any further information please feel free to contact me and fix an appointment with me.

First of all it is clear that marrying while the earlier spouse is alive and not divorced is illegal and punishable under Indian Penal Code. Secondly, about proof, entry of a name in spouse column is a valid proof of his earlier marriage unless he can prove that the earlier spouse is either dead or has been divorced. Case of marriage by fraud can also be made out.