How can i get divorce? Can i get maintenance for my child?

I want to divorce my husband. I have been married for 5 years now. I have few complaint copies as well that i filed in women cell against my husband. How can i divorce him? I am working women, can i get maintenance for my child?

Answers (3)

146 votes

You can seek divorce from your husband on several ground . There are two ways to get divorce : One is when one party wants divorce and other is not in favor to so so and Second is mutually .,. Now if we talk about maintenance than even SC is very clear about the same is that working women is not the excuse for the man to not maintaining his wife and child , so you can file maintenance even for yourself also.,.,.,

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

256 votes

You may file divorce case against your husband on the ground of cruelty ' seperation etc under sec. 13 of H.M.A.complaints filed by you against your husband may help you to prove your case against your can prove your allegation with the help of that may also file case under sec. 125 cr.p.c against your husband for maintance for your minor child.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
155 votes

Under the Hindu marriage act various grounds have been given under which either party to the marriage can get a divorce and you can claim maintenance from your husband for you and your child subject to his employment

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles