Hiding a previous criminal record of having life senrence before marry

In Divorce Law
He hides his conviction record but now he is on bail from high court. He never tells us about his criminal record. Now he turns good person & doing a respected job after passed 7yrs of jail. Wat can i do to arrest him, he never abused/ tortured me .plz suugest me i want divorcd but he is not ready

Answers (3)

193 votes

You can file for annulment of marriage on the either of grounds of
Fraud or
Concealment of material facts.

Court may decree in your favour.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

320 votes

We have perused the contents of your query and would advise you that you have a legal remedy under the Hindu Marriage Act for annulment of the marriage as the consent was obtained by fraud and misrepresentations. You may contact with better particulars

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience
252 votes

If he is now a good human n taking care of you then why do u have to get desperate e from him ? Going to jail doesn’t make you a bad person, at times due to compulsion or heat of beats or under conspiracy people end up going to jail ! B in touch

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles