Grounds to challenge an already decided divorce case

I nd my husband already filed a case in district court ldh and case was heard in court for a once that time I was in mental trauma means upset a lot. Bcz he left me in d state of pregnancy nd suffeed this situation they filed a case and singed . ..i wann to increase my elemony. All details in divorce case was it possible to file a case against it?

Answers (3)

120 votes

I practice at Ludhiana.
You are always at liberty, and disagree at the time of 2nd statement. Hence, the petition will be dismissed.
Or you can opt for not going to court in the present case.
Or if other party agrees to raise alimony, to your acceptance than both of you can get petition allowed
For facts written by you in divorce petition , have to be dealt on larger scale.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

188 votes

Certainly you csn file an application for setting aside the decree or you can file an appeal against the decree. You cam file an application for increase of elemony generally law is in favour of woman but set all the details

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
127 votes

First of all if you and your husband files divorce case with mutual consent and After the filing of the petition and recording the statement of both the parties, the court generally adjourns the matter for a period of 6 months...yes u can file

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles