Got mutual divorce can i now claim for compensation

I was chased away from husband's house. Thru lawyer I asked him if he is ready for mutual. As he was very mean to me I did not want any money from him. he agreed for mutual (may be coz I did not ask for alimony). After mutual is over, can I file for compensation. these kind of men should not be spared.

Answers (5)

Sorry to hear about you but I can't understand why didn't you get money from mutual consent divorce .in you first motion it should be very clear that your husband will give you lump sum one time money according to his status and other commitment.after mutual divorce decree you can't do any thing .

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

You can not claim compensation in mutual divorce. Mutual consent divorce can not take place unless and until their is an agreement between husband and wife. As the term mutual also suggests it is to be decided by both the parties.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

I can understand your situation but after getting divorce through mutual consent and after getting that you cannot file for any type of damages or maintenance as their must be conditions mentioned in divorce petition. You have to look in those conditions as whatever the conditions be you have to follow that

Although difficult now but it depends upon the petition for divorce and order thereafter granting divorce. Without going through these papers it is difficult to advise. Academically once mutual divorce is granted you can not claim further relief. Higher good family law lawyer or seek legal opinion online from a lawyer.

1. U can file for maintenance /alimony under crpc 125.
2. U hav to check ur mutual divorce agreement doesn't says anything that u dont need maintenance or will not demand in future.
3. U can get interim/onetime/monthly compensation.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

I just need to know about divorce..and what are procedure of divorce..duration needed to complete..and fee details..I also want to know the mutual div…

Read More

Dear Sir / Madam, Husband is living in different district and wife is living in different district for more than 4 years. Please let me know, where to…

Read More

I am married since 2 years and our marriage took place in Hissar, Haryana. Since my marriage, me and my wife are staying in Gurgaon. Can we file a Mut…

Read More

Looking for a Mutual Divorce. So wanted to know the procedure for that. And do husband and wife need to stay separately for 1 year before filing the M…

Read More