Filing execution petition for permanent alimony & interim maintenance

10-May-2023 (In Divorce Law)
The query regarding divorce case. Divorce granted to wife, Permanent alimony awarded. Earlier to divorce, Interim maintenance ordered 2 years back. But husband residing in USA has not paid any amount, and not even visited to india for entire case proceedings. Full proceedings went over video conferencing. How to proceed for execution for retrieval of Permanent alimony and Interim maintenance awarded by indian district family court. religion, Hindu. Prefer mail replies than mobile
Answers (1)

Answer #1
831 votes
The EP shall be filed under HMA. The High court has jurisdiction. The district court's may also EP provisions. The order has to be read. Since the person is residential of USA a letter can be addressed for further action.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."