DVC procedures and details protection officer role......,.............

I have filed 498a in police station. But to file DVC, my lawyer asked us to go to protection officer. Is it the right procedure???

hi
yes. it is now mandatory for a report from protection officer under DVC.
also your lawyer should first file DVC petition in court and then court will send you and the file to protection officer who will record the statement and resend the file to court.
so, please ask your lawyer to file DVC petition in court first