Domestic violence & Mental pressure by abusive husband how to proceed

Sir,I am not happy with my husband. Till today he hit me for no of times .Once he hitted me on road and all public arravied in deffence in me.Then i called 181 from some stranger man's phone on that same date and place but they replied we only can do one thing that is convensin your husband in that matter nothig more than that. After this my parents reached at that place and took me at home. But they scared and said me beta go for today his house because that day is saturday so all court are close so you come on monday otherwise they will do fake case on us. So i go with my husband on that night also he hitted me but after that date he treat me very well and on monday he took me on pilgrame place. So i can't reached my home. Now we are staying separete with my In laws. But he still allowing me to talk with my parents on phone call and meet me them. Although whenever there is need of money he say me take from your father.I don't have any proof of domestic violence can i get divorece?

Answers (3)

55 votes

Yo can file case under the provisions OF DV act and obtain the order for protection from the Court of law along with other remedies provided under the act. As far as proof is concern it come later first if court satisfied prima facia then court will pass order.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

332 votes


When ever he hits you file a complaint in the police station get your MLC done.
You can file the complaint in women cell, complaint of Domestic Violence,ect.
In regard to divorce you can file a petition for divorce on the basis of cruelty.


Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
205 votes

Yes you can take divorce from your husband. There are the provisions and sufficient reason to take divorce. If you are not happy with your husband then without wearing of time should file divorce petition before the court and free from your husband. There are no requirement of proof it can be as oral evidence.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles