Do I have any other way to separate from wife apart from divorce

In Divorce Law
I have been married for about 8 years and have a kid who is 7 years old. My marriage was arranged by my parents and there was a gap of 1 year between my engagement and marriage. During the engagement period, my wife behaved very sensible but as soon as I got married, i realised she is extremely hateful towards my parents and right within a year she started behaving badly with me also. I tried explaining the situation to her parents at least a few hundred times but since they live in a rural area around Amritsar where separation or divorce is a taboo, they have always forced us to carry on even after realising this relationship is going nowhere. Now we have reached a point where i can not carry on further but due to emotional constraints i am not able to find a way out of this relationship. My kid is too young to go through the emotional stress of our separation n because my wife is a homemaker n from a rural area, no one is supporting me for separation. Kindly suggest me options

Answers (3)

243 votes

It is better to file a case for divorce against her at your place this is only solution or issue. Notice for separation this is only remedy available for you. Otherwise there is no other solutions...,

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

292 votes

You may apply for judicial separation of you don't want a divorce the grounds for separation is same as that of divorce, it's a better way to part way for sometimes and if things become better you may be united again.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience
217 votes

You can separate from your wife apart from by judicial separation and mutual agreement also. you should consider drafting a separation agreement if you decide to live apart. You do not need to file court papers to separate. ... If you do separate,

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles