Divorce..she'd first step be article 9a or divorce?

Hindu . Wife is away for 3years. What are the advantages of filing under article 9a or disadvantages of filing petition for divorce. Marriage seems irretrievable.

Answers (3)

283 votes

As far as I can understand you want to file restitution of conjugal rights under section 9 HIndu Marriage Act. As far as the application under section 9 is concerned it is upto you if you want to live with your wife then you should file the application otherwise you can file divorce petition on the ground of desertion. Under section 13 HMA. For further details contactme.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

122 votes

if your wife is not residing with you since last three years, and if your intention is clear about the divorce then I will suggest you nlto not file section 9 petition I'm court..

for cut go for divorce on the ground of desertion. for more info contact me..

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
307 votes

If chances of living together are very remote, then better file a petition for grant of decree of divorce on the ground of desertion amongst others. However, if you want her to come back, then in that case you may opt for filing a petition under section 9 of Hindu Marriage Act. Feel free to contact for further help.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles