DIVORCE TO WIFE as she is not taking care and respect to my parents

Hi sir, My self Khasim,from Muslim community I am planning to give divorce to my wife as she is not taking care of my parents and she is not behave properly with my parents As most of the members know Andhra Pradesh has dowry system and it's very common here. They gave me 10lak as dowry. My question is If I give divorce,she will ask compensation,can I pay on monthly basis like 40% from salary or 10k PM like that

Answers (3)

327 votes

Yes you can , only if the courts grants you the said relief you asked for, it depends on each case differently in your case may be if the court agrees for you to pay on a monthly basis , but in your Shariat law I would need more inputs from your side

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

189 votes

Yes sir, you can apply for divorce. If she is not capable of earning then only court grants maintainance. you have to give 30% from your sallery. it may increase if you have kids. Kindly contact for Further information and legal assistance.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
109 votes

You have to learn a lot in this matter. Never admit about taking of dowry. Secondly they may 498a IPC case against you at any time.
Thirdly it a contract in muslim law as such you can apply for divorce at any time. Marriage is considered as civil contract and thus you can for duvorce.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles