Divorce from my husband who tortures mentally, physically and verbally

I was court married to my husband 8 years back against my parents wish..but I stayed in moms place for 2years till v got officially married in 2010.my husband was good for 6months.but later he showed all his colours.he is a alcoholic and a womanizer.he neither works...he spoiled all his father's money.he had a multiple relationship with other girls when I begged him to leave them he used to beat me.then after 4years he told he vl be proper in Front of elders n took me back home.but he continued the same extra marital affairs,always coming late night,his friends also treat me in bad manner when they come to my home drinking.i really get scared by them.now my brother is getting married.my husband tortures me n ask me to bring money from my dad n give him property n all of not he vl make a big nuisance in the marriage n break my brothers marriage which my parents are scared off.i have got his call 'records,videos, with other girls.wht should i do to gt rid of him safely

Answers (5)

296 votes

You have not told whether you want to leave him,, and if you are having kids. If you want to stay in the marriage we have to deal with this matter in one way, and if you want divorce , we should deal in another way.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

228 votes

You can file a petition for judicial separation on the grounds alleged by you.
In the alternative you can also file a petition under domestic violence act praying for a protection order before the court.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
197 votes

You can file the divorce on the ground of cruelty and other grounds and also seek protection Order from the court by filing the petition under the domestic violence act.


Sadanand , Gandhinagar, Bangalore.

223 votes

File a domestic violence case and take protection orders from court not to contact you and your family members, to remain away from your home, family members, and also ask for maintenance, stridhan, and further file a case for divorce on ground of mental and physical cruelty in family court, if protection orders are granted then he will be prevented from causing problems in your brother's marriage.

255 votes

Consult and file a suit for divorce, maintenance, alimony, criminal cade against him and get relief. Consult and file criminal case and get early relief. Consult and discuss briefly to filing case on mental harassment etc.,

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles