Divorce (domestic voilence) (alimony) (maintainence)

My wife has filed a divorce case on the false charges of domestic violence. My monthly slaray is 1.5lacs and my wife's monthly salary is 1lac. My wife has a flat of her own and I don't have. As a good will gesture I have been paying rental (40000INR) of the house where my wife is staying for last 3 years. We have not been living together since 2016. She is demanding an alimony of 51lacs and an interim monthly maintainence of 1lac. Please advise

Answers (2)

204 votes


I would recommend you to contest and refer the matter to family court as the demands of your wife is unrealistic and unreasonable. The maintenance must be reasonable and relevant here. You have been doing enough to sustain here, Refer the matter to court and you shall be granted relief. Feel free to connect for further consultation.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

236 votes

If she can earn her bread and butter then you have to prove it and also if she had flat on her name that also you have prove and for more details contact a Advocate he will guide you or fight for you.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles