Consultation regarding proceeding of Divorce

I want legal advice regarding Divorce. My wife has been living apart from me, at her parents home since March 2016. At that time she was pregnant and had gone home for delivery. My son was born in April 2016 (premature baby) After that she stayed in Mumbai for a few months to take care of the baby. I visited there occasionally. She said she will come back in December. She came back but the same day we had a dispute and she left back home with her parents the same evening.  After that there was no communication for a few months. In May 2017 I and my parents went to Mumbai to see if differences can be resolved but it was unsuccessful. I again tried in August. but failed. I have tried again in oct but still unresolved. I want consultation regarding proceeding for divorce

Answers (3)

163 votes

I suggest you to take to your wife over the phone despite her unwillingness to talk to you because some time communication, leaving aside egoism, will definitely work. If she does not respond then issue a legal notice to give her consent for divorce.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

99 votes

You can send a legal notice to your wife and ask her to give divorce on mutual consent, if she doesn't agree you can file a petition for divorce and if you are willing to have a child custody you can also seek for the same.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
83 votes

Hi, first thing is that you have not stated your reson why your wife denied to join your house. First thing we have file a suit for restitution of conjugal rights before concerned jurisdiction court after that if she did agree to join you then you can file the divorce petition.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles