Complaint filed for domestic violence and maintenance by wife

Dear Sir, My wife file a false domestic case on me . but she working a job and taking a maintenance from family court. no one listen my objections and request. even she working a good job .. please give me advice to save from maintenance

Answers (3)

278 votes

U can file an appeal against the order passed by learned court and prove the income of ur wife in the appellate court. If urs wife give any fake complaint against u in police and the same was proved as fake then produce against her. There are many judgements of supreme court in this regard

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

60 votes

Firstly if maintenance has been awarded to wife under different provisions of law, she is only entitled to maintenance under one provisions of law which is higher or she chooses to receive, but she is not entitled to receive maintenance simultaneously under all provisions of law. As per law the wife is entitled to live the life as per the living standard of husband. If court has not consider your objections, you can approach to superior court by way of appeal or revision.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
126 votes

Respected Sir, that if concerned court in which case is pending has passed an order against you then you have right to seek the upper court for taking appropriate action against said order passed against you in your area with supporting case law which is laid down by hon'ble Punjab and Haryana High Court in the year 2016 (4) Civil Court Cases Page 180 (P&H) in which case also wife was employed and high court set aside the order of maintenance against husband only on this ground and also in 2017(1) civil court cases page 279 (P&H) and also in 2017 (2) Civil Court cases 826 (P&H)

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles