Clarification regarding appeal for divorce

can divorce case be filed again even after the case has been dismissed.time to appeal in high court to proceed now. hindu

Answers (2)

130 votes

Once the divorce petition You can not file divorce again only the remedy to file appeal before the high court along with condone dealy petition to set aside the order of the lower court. So the remedy is to prefer the appeal

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

203 votes

No divorce cannot be filed once it is contested between both the parties. It also depends if the other side is not appeared and the matter is decided ex-parte then the other side can come again with the petition and challenge. Secondly if the matter is not appealed the same can be filed with a delay petition . If the both things are not done by other side then you can proceed and remarry again . Call us through the website

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles