Clarification on grounds to file for divorce and maintenance

Hi,i am Hindu women,got married in 1995 its arranged marriage,from the day I got married my husband always taunted me for my mom dad's middle class status ,he abuses,uses ill language for me ,my 3 daughter s and my family ,he always says that me and my daughters are responsible for his failure s,and because of us he never got a promotion,he always taunted me for not giving a son and all 3 daughters,in 2014 he got stock and his body was partially got paralysed ,I took care of him make him walk , massage his legs,f even feed and gave bath to him ,but after all this effort s he blames me gives bad words and now he harassing my daughter s he watches TV on full volume my daughters 12 th boards exams are going on ,he never cared for my daughter s,my elder daughter is working but he never appreciated her but puts falls allegations on her that she is not working but she is in bad profession doing' gulat kam'my all three daughters are suffering I do not want to stay with him but I am not worki.

Answers (2)

File for divorce and claim maintenance beside file DV application seeking probhibitor y order restraining him from entering the house seek maintenec under DV act also ,and visit protection officer make police complaint ,

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Your story is as similar as we basic Indian women. I appreciate your patience and hard work which you took pain to cure your husband. The decision of divorce with your husband is apart.... Wht will be your and yours daughters future... I'm nt misguiding bt think once again while moving ahead... U have ample of ground to nail your husband in legal proceedings.. Cruelty will be the main ground for filling divorce...

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Preeti Joshi
District Court, Gurgaon
11 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
22 years Experience

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Legal Services

Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

if husband and wife are living seperately for a time duration, divorce can be granted automatically? wife can claim on the property of husband's f…

Read More

I m a Muslim I want to have a proof of my husbands income. He is a banker & his salary is 1lac/pm. But to give less maintenances he class show 45k…

Read More

I am staying away from my husband with my father since 7-8 months as my husband is in a joint family and there are a lot of problems. Husband does no…

Read More

I have got divorce 15 years back and it was ex party. My husband does not pay us any maintenance. My son is now 14 years old and I have got remarried.…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue