×

Clarification on grounds to file for divorce and maintenance

Hi,i am Hindu women,got married in 1995 its arranged marriage,from the day I got married my husband always taunted me for my mom dad's middle class status ,he abuses,uses ill language for me ,my 3 daughter s and my family ,he always says that me and my daughters are responsible for his failure s,and because of us he never got a promotion,he always taunted me for not giving a son and all 3 daughters,in 2014 he got stock and his body was partially got paralysed ,I took care of him make him walk , massage his legs,f even feed and gave bath to him ,but after all this effort s he blames me gives bad words and now he harassing my daughter s he watches TV on full volume my daughters 12 th boards exams are going on ,he never cared for my daughter s,my elder daughter is working but he never appreciated her but puts falls allegations on her that she is not working but she is in bad profession doing' gulat kam'my all three daughters are suffering I do not want to stay with him but I am not worki.

File for divorce and claim maintenance beside file DV application seeking probhibitor y order restraining him from entering the house seek maintenec under DV act also ,and visit protection officer make police complaint ,

Your story is as similar as we basic Indian women. I appreciate your patience and hard work which you took pain to cure your husband. The decision of divorce with your husband is apart.... Wht will be your and yours daughters future... I'm nt misguiding bt think once again while moving ahead... U have ample of ground to nail your husband in legal proceedings.. Cruelty will be the main ground for filling divorce...

Advocate Preeti Joshi