Clarification on claim for maintenance by wife after becoming major

A mother getting maintenance for minor daughter under DV act. Will the daughter continue getting maintenance when she gets major ? Will the daughter have to apply for maintenance after attaining the age of major ?

generally, an unmarried daughter gets the maintenance. till the date of marriage of the daughter is solemnized the maintenance must continue. if the maintenance stops after the daughter's majority then you must move to a court case for the same.

Domestic Violence Act is silent about the age of maintenance of the unmarried daughter for being entitled to get maintenance. Naturally, before her marriage if she is dependent upon the sum paid by father, she is entitled to get maintenance even after attaining majority. She won't have to apply afresh after being major if the order of maintenance has been passed and is in force since before she attains majority. The father, if thinks that she is not anymore dependent upon him, he will have to prove such before the Court concerned. All the best. Regards.