Claim of maintenance from my husband

My husband has no earning, however my in laws have enough. I am working, but after my homeloan and other deductions, my earning is not enough to maintain a living. Recently, my in laws have sent my husband abroad, without my consent and any discussion. I dont want to stay with my in laws now. So can I claim maintenance from my husband? Just note my husband always deny to pay me anything as I am working. Can he do so?

Answers (1)

81 votes

Firstly it shall be noted how much you earn, do you have children, even if wife is working husband is bound to maintain wife and children, husband may have beg, borrow, steal but have to maintain wife and children, no escape route and wife can obtain maintenance and please do not leave your in laws house, it will be potrayed later, you wanted to separate your husband from aged parents and hence divorce and if you stay in possession of the property you are bound to get 50% share of the property too

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles