Cheating and recovery of money

20-Nov-2023 (In Divorce Law)
I'm a widow and found someone 5 years ago.He is married but before starting the relationship he promised me that he would divorce his wife afterwards.He promised that he would leave his wife as his marriage was done without his consent and it's been 5 years now.And now as the whole situation has come up to the wife she is blaming me for the whole situation after all his husband was the one who came to me and he is refusing to say and also he took a large amount of money from me. It's my mistake I trusted him and lended the money. He is refusing to give my money back as well as he is refusing to do so as he promised and he had a relationship with me for 5 years what should I do?
Answers (3)

Answer #1
507 votes
Well, for recovery of money, you can file a Criminal Breach of Trust. For not sticking on his promise to marry you, you can file a Rape Case only if you have permitted to indulge in sex with him on this condition, that, he would marry you by divorcing his wife.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
People also ask

Is it easy to get bail in 420 IPC?

It is difficult to get bail, but not impossible. Section 420 IPC is not bailable. It is important that you speak with your lawyer, who will defend your father in court and apply for bail. Let him know all the details and let him do his best in court to defend himself and ask for bail.

Is Section 120B of the IPC bailable?

Is Section 120B of IPC bailable? The bailability of an offence under criminal conspiracy depends on whether the conspiracy is serious or not. Bailable offences include any other conspiracy and failed conspiracy.

Is Section 420 bailable or non bailable?

The section 420 IPC does not allow bail for any offence.

What is the punishment for 420 and 120B?

This offence can be punished by imprisonment in either form for up to seven years, and a fine.

Answer #2
736 votes
You may file a complaint against him before the police station and get an FIR registered against him for the offence under section 420 and 376 of IPC. However the complaint has to be meticulously drafted under the supervision of a lawyer so that ingredients of offence are covered
Helpful? LawRato LawRato

Answer #3
563 votes
yes you can file for criminal case for cheating and other cases along with it, firstly you should gather as mush as proofs for the case to get it water tight and get proper detail advice of ur options in the given condition
Helpful? LawRato LawRato

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."