Case dismissed on maintenance. Can if file objections in family court?

what should i do if my CMP CASE IS dissmissed on maintenance .can i file a objection in family court?

Answers (3)

241 votes

yes you can file or you can go against order to ASJ if your not satisfied by it. and in that you have to metion in your petition what is reason to reject your maintenance petition. therefore you have to approach the court and after that there will be issue notice regarding this

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

65 votes

in family court you can ask for maintenance as a interim relief in the main suit. if any proceeding pending in the family court. else you have to file appeal against the dismissal order in the court of session with limited period of time

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
64 votes

No you have to move to appeallate court. If the petition dismissed on error or because of absence of one of the parties, then you can review in same court, otherwise move to appellate court on merits.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles