Can We Remarriage Before 1st Divorce

As per hindu law can a person marry before getting divorce because case file already before 3 yrs if he want to marry can he do this.his wife is not attending the court also then how divorce will get early n both of them living separately from last 3 yrs

Answers (2)

246 votes

No u cannot marry till the time u get a Divorce Order.

Only after the Divorce Order is received and there is no appeal by your wife of the said order within the stimulated period than only u can can marry.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

336 votes

technically he cannot marry before he gets a decree of divorce, however, in such circumstances he must press for ex parte divorce decree before the Family court on the ground that the wife is no more intrested to defend the case, moreover, she is even not attending to that effect.
even i have come across that courts are now in favor to grant the decree when the age of the husband or wife not much older and there are chances that they can remarry.
the Application should be adhered to the facts that the husband is having the age that he can re marry and improve his social life.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles