Can we claim jewellery after one year of divorce?

One of my family member get divorce from her husband about 1 year ago in divorce paper they mentioned that tbey returned all assets to her but now they are refused to give her back jewellery. Now is there any law to get back jewellery?

Answers (2)

185 votes

Yes you can claim your jewellery from court and also you can file criminal complaint against her husband. If you file a application to that court from where she get divorced decree than her husband also booked in contempt of court.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

249 votes

if the return of ornaments condition has been mentioned in the divorce deed in that case you have right to recover the same and if the same has not been mentioned in the settlement deed in that case u are not entitle to recover the ornaments. if it is mentioned and they are not returning in that case you can initiate of criminal compliant for criminal breach of trust or misappropriation of your ornaments.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles