Can my children testify for the Domestic Violence case against husband

My husband has physically and mentally abused me and my children. I've filed for domestic violence case. Now, his cross examination stages have come. Can my children testify for they have endured? If so, what exactly is the process towards a testimony?

Answers (3)

248 votes

Hello madam in domestic violence case did your husband taken contention that the child is not under your relationship with your husband? If yes you can file application for testimony if your husband not dispute the same it's not required to go for testimony and the court also not accept the same. Thank you

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

322 votes

Consult your advocate who is handling your case to help in this issue. Of course your children can be presented as witness before the court to inform about the trauma which they have gone through due to your husband as you have mentioned it is for cross examination your advocate is the right person to ask about this.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
82 votes

Your children can testify. But if your case is at the stage of cross examination of your husband, then it appears that the stage of your side evidence is over, then you need to recall them to lead evidence. Ask your advocate whether it is needed.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles