Can marriage registry be cancelled after submitting the application

I and my fiancee had given a notice for marriage registration under special act. Due to some reasons we broke up and dont intend to get married. I have submitted an application to the marriage registrar. What are the proceedings now and how will it get cancelled. I am a muslim and my ex was hindu.

Contact the marriage registrar and get the application for marriage cancelled. If both of you give consent as to the cancellation, it would be a fit case and the same shall be cancelled after an enquiry is being conducted.

As both of you are not further agreed to complete the said proposed registration and accordingly have applied for withdrawal of the same so you have no other legal obligations and your said application Notice has been cancelled automatically.

If only notice is given and no registration is done it's not a problem. But if the registration is done it can't be cancelled anyway than a divorce. For a divorce both of you shall have to file a case by filing a written plaint for mutual divorce before the Court of Learned District Judge concerned and you shall have the subsequent date for final hearing after six months thereafter. On that final date both of you shall have to file your affidavit in chief (which is basically the reiteration of the plaint itself), and you shall have to confirm your stand for want of dissolution of marriage on dock and then you get the decree for dissolution of marriage. All the best regards.

The provision under special marriage act is very simple. After applying with one month notice both parties have to marry within three months, if such is not done, the application goes null and void. So nothing needs to be done.