Can I miss the first hearing of the divorce case my wife has filed

Actually my wife has filed a divorce case,and court has fixed a date on 2nd April for the first hearing, so my question is do I have to b in court on that day,as I am in Mumbai for my work. And I am not getting time to go to court please advice. thank you

Actually one has to be present at the time of hearing . But if some representation is made through someone for adjournment then the courts can give adjournment. If it is the first date then you can give amiss without representation. But it is not advisable to disobey court's order

You send a mail to ur lawyer staing that u r sending an affidavit as to why you canot appear in court and the lawyer is authoised to tk step in the basis of ur mail ..your affidavit should contain reason for not appearing and authority statement naming your lawyer ..and notary officer must sign even u r in any place of india