Can I give divorce to my husband if he lives outside India?

Hi, I am looking for advice in a divorce situation, My husband is not in India as he wanted to work outside India. From almost a year, we are not in touch and there was no communication between us for the abroad job as I didn't want him to go but he left somehow with the help of his family. A few days back he called and abused us badly, I was under pressure of my family to not to separate but now they are okay. What should I do?? Thanks

Definitely you can file divorce petition on your grounds. Now you have one more ground that he abused you badly through call which shows that he don't want to live with you. So many other grounds will be added looking to your situation. For more details contact.

Hi , regards
As per Indian, law there different procedure for divorce. According to Hindu law if you proceed for divorce there is only ground remains for is mutual consent. there are some other point would be as followings:
1. Cruelty
2. Adultery
3. Desertion
4. Conversion
5. Mental Disorder
6. Communicable Disease
7. Renunciation of the World
8. Presumption of Death
There are some favorable point that you can ask for maintenance from your husband in any condition.

It dosn't matter where the opposite party lives. There are grounds in section 13 of Hindu Marriage Act. Desertion is a ground and in your case you can take a ground of mental cruelty. you should file a complaint under domestic voilence act to provide interim monetary help and shelter to stay. shield from abuse which causes you mental cruelty. service of notice can be made effectice by whatsapp /email/fax etc.