Continue to LawRato.com with Google


Can I give divorce to my husband if he lives outside India?

Hi, I am looking for advice in a divorce situation, My husband is not in India as he wanted to work outside India. From almost a year, we are not in touch and there was no communication between us for the abroad job as I didn't want him to go but he left somehow with the help of his family. A few days back he called and abused us badly, I was under pressure of my family to not to separate but now they are okay. What should I do?? Thanks

Answers (3)

Definitely you can file divorce petition on your grounds. Now you have one more ground that he abused you badly through call which shows that he don't want to live with you. So many other grounds will be added looking to your situation. For more details contact.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Hi , regards
As per Indian, law there different procedure for divorce. According to Hindu law if you proceed for divorce there is only ground remains for is mutual consent. there are some other point would be as followings:
1. Cruelty
2. Adultery
3. Desertion
4. Conversion
5. Mental Disorder
6. Communicable Disease
7. Renunciation of the World
8. Presumption of Death
There are some favorable point that you can ask for maintenance from your husband in any condition.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Preeti Joshi
District Court, Gurgaon
10 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
21 years Experience

It dosn't matter where the opposite party lives. There are grounds in section 13 of Hindu Marriage Act. Desertion is a ground and in your case you can take a ground of mental cruelty. you should file a complaint under domestic voilence act to provide interim monetary help and shelter to stay. shield from abuse which causes you mental cruelty. service of notice can be made effectice by whatsapp /email/fax etc.

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Fixed Cost Legal Services

Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 2499
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 999
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 499
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 19999
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 25000
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 9999
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

I live in the US and my wife left to India taking my 2.5 year old daughter and said she will not return. This is 3rd time she is doing this in 6 year …

Read More

Brother is married for 2 years. Bhabhi left house on her own will. Now her parents are calling us threatening to take the girl back or else they will …

Read More

my husband fraudulently got ex party order with out my knowledge and illegally married another lady while living with me. I'm arguing to set aside the…

Read More

I am married to a defense officer. It's been almost 8 years that we've been married for. This is our second marriage. We never had any relations with …

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue