Can I demand divorce if my wife absconded a few months after marriage

Hai I got married on 17th Feb 16 and she absconded from 2016 April from our home with out any notice and we waited almost 2 years in between I have lossed my father and this Jan 6th 18 I have sent divorce notice then she filled 498A on me what it's unfortunate she is from chittor, Ap I am bangalore

Answers (1)

131 votes

You can file divorce petition where you got marriage or last resided place on the ground of desertion or cruelty, after notice from court if she appeared and filled objections then matter will decide by taking both party evidence but she reminded obsent then court will decide by taking your evidence by placing her exparty

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles