Can I convert my religion to get divorce faster from my husband

I got married on 17th Feb 2016, And i left my husband's place on 4th Feb 2017, we are not compatible and hence we both have agreed for a divorce. But his family lawyer saying that minimum 6 months will take for a mutual divorce. Can i convert to any other religion and based on this ground can I get divorce sooner? Me and my husband are Hindu.

Madam,

You cant. Because the marriage between both of you was solemnized as per Hindu rituals and therefore Hindu Law will apply. If you go for divorce by way of mutual consent you should wait for 6 month and it is the statute .

No need for religion conversion.

There is other process, from that you can get divorce little early.

Madam in this case you have to file a case for mutual consent divorce and the minimum period for mutual consent divorce is 6 months and further you cannot change your religion and get divorce as the law does not allow you to take divorce just by converting to other religion and taking the advantage, further there is other way out where you can get divorce early so if both of you are ready it is easy to get divorce.

Advocate Pradeep Kumar
Rohini Court, Delhi

there is no religion which supports faster divorce. 6 months is the statutory period of law and in any religion you would have to wait for at least 6 month.

A mutual divorce will take place in 6 months only where you have to attend the court only twice.