Can divorced be filled on grounds of dissertation and defamation

My wife went to her parental home after 45 days of marriage, it's 2.5 months old marriage, financially my wife's family is very poor, they have given only few clothes to my wife in marriage. everything was clarified before marriage, now my mother in law is forcing my wife to stay with her, what i can assume is my mother in law is getting greedy and trying to take advantage of the law. we have asked my wife so many times to come back but my mother in law is not allowing her to come back, my mother in law is spreading so many fake stories to community, Now i don't want her come back, Pls guide me what and how i can be rid out of my wife and her family.

Answers (4)

292 votes

hello friend,
you can ask divorce on the ground of desertion. but i think in your case there is neighter desertion nor defamation since only 2and half month only passed .for desertion it is very small period for askong divorce and how she defamed you . you have not explained.
however you can file a petition to bring at home u/ s 9 hma for restitution of conjugal rights. if she does not come after court order , then you can file divorce .

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

138 votes

You should better have a word with your wife ; what basically she wants to have - erasing the influence of your mother in law . If your wife wants to come back nobody can stop her.You can also take the help of influential people and relative of your family to remove misunderstanding if any. Even if she does not wants to come - after waiting ; from the legal side you can file for the restitution of conjual right (under sec 9 of hindu marriage act 1955 - In order to nullify wrong lamenting from her side as precaution.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
131 votes

If u dont want that she come back than u can file a divorce petition under section 13 .No one can take advantage of law if u are right than law will help you.If u want to rid out than be first to take action and file a petition.

236 votes

If you want file divorce case against your wife on ground dissertation and defamation .in dissertation ground minimum 1year time for dessert one party willful leave house without reason husband house.after one year after you file family court case your wife.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles