Can divorce notice be sent to wife studying at her college

12-Apr-2023 (In Divorce Law)
my wife has taken admission without informing us and now she is not in contact with me so we have filled sec9 case against her and now she is pursuing her study in Hyderabad so can we send the notice in college
Answers (2)

Answer #1
715 votes
It is not advisable to send the notice directly to her parents'. If you filing for restitution of conjugal rights, you have to show your bonafides to the Court also. Sending a notice to college shows intention to harass. I would advise you to send it to her parents' house or any other last known address.
Answer #2
598 votes
Sir as you said you know her college address. her residential address will be registered in her college try to collect from college authorities. If you want to send notice to her send it on her parents residential address.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."